Re: [TR] More on valve adjusting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] More on valve adjusting
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:42:44 -0400
On 27 Aug 2007 at 12:36, tom white wrote:

> > When using a remote starter, the only safe way, it's important to pull out
> > the coil wire to avoid actually starting the engine. It will really mess up
> > your feeler gauge if you don't.

> If you leave the ignition key turned off this shouldn't be a problem.

Can't say whether it will or won't start the engine.  Seems to me
that it would depend on the wiring and not every model's engine was
necessarily wired the same way.  But I remember years ago (okay,
decades ago) watching someone adjusting valves while the engine was
running.  Okay, it was some boring American iron and probably running
about 400 rpm.  IIRC it wasn't even too messy.  I've never had the
nerve to try it myself.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com