Re: [TR] Renovating TR4 vinyl rear interior

To: Brian Jones <banc8004@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Renovating TR4 vinyl rear interior
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 19:09:57 -0400
On Friday 06 July 2007 06:19 pm, Brian Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a 1963 TR4. The rear interior is the original vinyl. The vinyl
> has held up really well, but the rear panel (what your back would
> rest against if you sat on the rear 'seat') has lost all its lining
> and padding. I can see remnants of muslin and odd crumbs of foam, but
> no complete pieces of either to know what was there. I'd like to
> renovate and resurface the backing to the vinyl, rather than just fit
> new, inferior product. I really like the aged, but serviceable vinyl
> that remains as it has a loved and used patina about it. Can anyone
> tell me just what should be behind the vinyl? I'd like to recreate
> what was originally there.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Brian in Valley Forge
> 1963 TR4 CT14455-L

Brian,

I just fitted a new set from Moss. My TR4 project came with ZERO interior!

Best I can is say there is a layer of poly foam about 1/2" covered by thin off
white muslim all stiched from the vinyl side. Side hood stick covers are the
same.

Just a side note, the set came complete with door panels, wheel well covers,
tank panel and 1/4 panels. All fit perfect. Took only about 8 hours total
time to install (along with carpet from TRF).

I also used the wheel well padding kit sold by Macys Garage
(http://www.macysgarage.com).

I can supply a photo of the complete restoration if you need one.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org