[TR] Re: Let's sue

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Re: Let's sue
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 00:30:06 +0100
Just my  experience, but I've often been listening to interesting talk on
the car radio when I've reached a road junction, or done an overtaking
manoeuvre or even gone round a corner and found that my ears have completely
""tuned out" whilst this has been going on and it's not until it's complete
that I've become aware that I missed a bit of the programme.
IMO it's more difficult to tune out if you are using a mobile phone and to
compound things you've lost the use of one hand which you might need for
driving, (or if in Florida), signalling.
It's difficult to put a figure on it, and it will vary a lot with the
capabilities of the individual, but you would'nt probably be too far out if
you put the loss of driving concentration whilst using a mobile at 50-60%.
If you're using a hands free set up I don't think it helps much except
you've still got two hands.
I for one now switch mine off when I get in a car alone.
YMMV as usual,

David Brister

It has removed 2257 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

===     http://www.vtr.org