[TR] Storing you Head!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Storing you Head!
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:13:23 -0800 (PST)
Hi List!
I happen to have a spare TR4/A head lying around. I
was thinging of getting it magna fluxed, to see if
it's NOW worth rebuilding.
The questions that I have are:

Could a head 'warp' by lying around?

Is there a 'specif' way of storing a head? Like
storing a Crank.

I was thinking of taking a 1/4' or thicker steel plate
& mount it to the cylinder side & tourquing the
bolts/nuts to 105 ft #/inch to prevent it from warping
after it's rebuilt.  Is this a god or bad idea?

Fell free to answer to me or the TRIUMPH List, NOW
that I'm back on line.  TIA,

-Cosmo Kramer

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.