Re: [TR] Rear brake line "straps" TR3

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Rear brake line "straps" TR3
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 03:00:50 -0800
John Wise wrote:
> I am continuing to reassemble the rear axle.  The car did not have the
> 'straps" that stabilize the rear brake lines.  I notice that the usual
> sources want $2 - $3 for each.  Is there something else I can use?  I
> was thinking about some plastic tie wraps, any suggestions??

Well if $8 to $12 is too expensive for a set of metal brake line straps,
  you might try nylon bailing twine or a length of bailing wire.  Just
about anyone who owns livestock is throwing that stuff away every time
they are opening a bale.  I'm sure that with a little bit of looking you
can find three strings for free.  The nylon should last 5 or 6 years
easily.  The twine from a three strap bale should be enough to last
several decades.

Old shoe laces would probably do the job for a year or two.

TeriAnn

===     http://www.vtr.org