[TR] Re: TR3 Instrument Cluster

To: ruset@sbcglobal.net, mhado@houston.rr.com(Mike Hado),
Subject: [TR] Re: TR3 Instrument Cluster
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:06:37 EST
Here is an exchange with a fellow Green Country Triumph member about the
switch location:
But, back to your original question..
Top to bottom in TS27356 I  show:
Panel
Wiper
Side/Head

Bently Manual shows same  configuration.

Richard Carney of Bartlesville, OK finished this  restoration in'78.  He
collected three cars in various
states, was  able to restore two, and the car I purchased was his "keeper".
It has  the original
wiring harness, now rapidly sheading threads.  Though it is  not a concours
restoration, I have
yet to find much of anything that is  in conflict with the Bentley manual.

I also have a couple of old after  market manuals.
Clymer Publications Triumph Service Repair Handbook TR2-TR6  & GT6 1954-1974
(Copyright 1975)
shows same as above.

Glenn's  Triumph Repair and Tune-Up Guide (Performance and Mechanical
Specifications  TR-2,
TR-3, TR-3B, TR-4, Sport 6, Spitfire, Herald, Herald 1200) (Copyright  1965,
Third Printing March
1968) has a non-physical layout electrical  diagram for the TR2-3, so that is
not much help.

There is a physical  layout for the Herald 948.  At first glance, the center
cluster appears  to be
the familiar rounded trapezoid.  BUT, there are two  additional panel back
lights AND the
top-to-bottom switch configuration  is:
Wiper
Panel
Lighting (Side/Head)

This configuration swaps  the Panel and Wiper position, but this is for a
different model with  a
different center panel.

Does this help or add to the  confusion?

All the Best,
-Jim

And, another opinion. . .

Sam and Carol Clark