RE: [TR] Clunks I thought they were supposed to do that!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Clunks I thought they were supposed to do that!
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 01:44:36 EST
I had one of those mysterious and hard to find 'clunks over bumps' - years
later when body lifted off (1999) I found one of those slotted aluminum spacers
that goes between body and frame was missing (1/4" thick) at rear-most of
frame  - would have loved to find out it was only a $2 part and 1/2 hour fix to
rid my clunk (now I'm finding weird stress cracks here and there in the tub's
sheet metal - clunk wasn't just an irritating noise - it was damaging the  body!
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

===     http://www.vtr.org