RE: [TR] Parts Tumbler

To: "Roger Elliott" <elliottr@rmi.net>, "triumphs"
Subject: RE: [TR] Parts Tumbler
From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:59:10 -0600
Hi Roger,

I just bought Eastwoods largest vibratory tumbler to replace my first one I
got from Harbor Freight. Its true that to obtain best results on steel with
their "Dry Shine" corncob based polishing media you measure run time in
days not hours. The plastic/ abrasive medias are much faster though. I have
had spectacular results in my HF unit. It had the eight inch bowl and the
largest item I fit in it was the domes from my Stromberg carbs. I wore that
unit out in short order. The unit simply fell apart. I'm hoping the EW unit
will last longer but I am not impressed with its quality although it does
have two twelve inch bowls.

I would not recommend you use these in the house. They are irritatingly
noisy and as I said they run for days. That said, I don't want to be
without one. The results are just too nice. I hand machine many of my own
parts and the tumbler gives them a factory like appearance.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8
Osseo, MN