re: [TR] TR4 Trip meter reset knob

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: [TR] TR4 Trip meter reset knob
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:36:09 EST
Brian,
A tripometer 'extension' slips over the end of the smaller actuating shaft
(end is reduced to fit inside the extension) and a cotter pin slips through
both
items to hold in place. I've also seen a tiny threaded 'set screw' rather
than the split pin technique.
You may have to solder/weld an extension of sorts if your actuating shaft if
it's broken short.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
-----
Sometime in its past life, the knob that should be found below the
speedometer to reset the trip meter to zero has been snapped off, level with
the
speedo's case. I can see something in there - the stump of the reset knob, I
guess.
How is the knob connected into the trip-meter mechanism? Does it push-on,
screw on, or other?
Cheers,
Brian
'63 TR4