Re: [TR] TR4 Trip meter reset knob

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Trip meter reset knob
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:06:52 -0700
banc8004@comcast.net wrote:

>How is the knob connected into the trip-meter mechanism? Does it push-on,
>screw on, or other?

There should be a small set-screw that can be undone w/ a jewelers
screwdriver.  About the size of an screw from the earpiece of a pair of
glasses, in fact I think that is what I used as a replacement screw on mine.

You will need to turn the shaft and (if possible) pull the stub of the
shaft out a bit to get at it.  If the stub is very short you may be able
to get the case off of the speedo and then you will have easy access
(normally you have to remove the shaft before separating the speedo head
from the case).

Geo