Re: [TR] headlamp choce?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] headlamp choce?
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:03:06 -0500
On 6 Nov 2006 at 13:23, Dave1massey@cs.com wrote:

> Many years ago I put some H4's on the wife's Datsun.  One took
> a stone which poked a small hole in the lens.  It still worked
> but the thing eventually filled partially with water and the
> reflector material disappeared.

Many years ago I put a set of Hellas in my Porsche 912.  For no
reason as obvious as taking a stone the reflector in one began
immediately to corrode.  That car never illuminated the road as well
as it should have.  One the other hand I had good luck with several
other H4 conversions back in that prior life.  Now I'm running good,
cheap halogen 7" sealed-beam bulbs in the GT6, am quite happy with
them.  Don't even know what kind of lights the Spitfire has.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com

===     http://www.vtr.org