RE: [TR] Winter Storage Oil Change

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Winter Storage Oil Change
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:25:11 -0700
> The
> only additional contribution I would make is that a 30amp instrument should
> make way for a 60amp unit if your car has an alternator.

There's actually an easy way around that, just add a shunt across the ammeter to
carry part of the current.  It's fairly easy to find the right length of wire to
add, such that the ammeter reads 1/2 of what it did before; allowing you to keep
that vintage Lucas ammeter along with your alternator.

I've not had any trouble with mine since doing that almost 20 years ago on my
TR3A.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org