Re: [TR] compression test

To: dmb993@earthlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] compression test
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 08:33:20 EDT
In a message dated 10/3/2006 9:11:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dmb993@earthlink.net writes:

> What do you guys think of the spread here?

David,

Absolutely no problem - good readings.  I had similar variations on my
rebuilt TR6 motor for nearly 2000 miles then the "gaps" closed.  At 1000 miles
you're pretty much past the critical "breakin" period - from this point, the
rings
will seat at a natural pace assuming that you're still diligent with normal
engine care like oil/filter changes, maintaining coolant levels, etc.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA  USA

'76 TR6 CF57822U