[TR] Draining TR6...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Draining TR6...
From: "Paul Mitchell" <paul@cynthesys.co.za>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:49:07 +0200
Didn't see this appear, and had no replies, so apologies if it's a re-post.

..and it is draining my energies. In my continuing efforts to get the car
back to fell fettle before the South African summer arrives, I have been
fixing the clutch, as you may remember. I finally found time to reinstall
the tunnel and other interior bits today, but discovered another problem
after a test drive. I have a water leak somewhere around the water pump.
This looks like it ought to be very easy to remove for inspection, with
unusually accessible bolts. Problem is, the book says to drain the system
first, which is fine as I want to flush it out anyway. Trouble is, I can't
see a good way of getting at the drain plug without removing a lot of other
bits. Am I missing something? Is it possible to drain it without removing
that plug?

Any advice gratefully received as usual.

Paul

74 TR6

Cape Town

===     http://www.vtr.org