Re: [TR] FS my '66 Volvo 122S wagon Denver CO USA

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] FS my '66 Volvo 122S wagon Denver CO USA
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:01:25 -0600
pethier@isd.net wrote:

>Is this thing as rustless as the pictures suggest?  $2K is a
>steal.  Somebody buy this thing and give it a good home!
>Reply directly to steven@newellboys.com not to me.

Thanks, Phil, it's almost that good. There is a hole in the rear
passenger floorboard -- the floor pans had foam insulation kind of like
Triumph used under gas tanks. One open window or leaky gasket and the
foam holds the water until it's rusted through. My kids haven't fallen
out yet!

There are a couple seams showing bubbling but on the whole the car is
solid, and it's a great driver. Last summer we drove the TR out to
Pittsburgh, 4000 miles, but the summer before we took the wagon to
Indiana. I think it took us a few hours longer because we talked with so
many strangers at every rest stop. It's a blast to drive, great in snow,
and a great utility wagon.

Steven

===     http://www.vtr.org