RE: [TR] Stomberg needles

To: <Chip19474@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Stomberg needles
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:00:27 -0400
Hmmm....

Thanks for all the detailed answers to Chip, Robert & Dick !

As usual, asking a question of the list points out the fact that I have most
likely been looking in the wrong direction. My car drives very nicely on the
highway, but seems to smell of fuel at idle. Then there is the fact that I was
told I'm showing some black smoke on takeoff. I do have the external oiling
line on a 3,500 mile rebuild, and a newly replaced vacuum retard too. Yet I
really have to have the choke on at cold start and until temp guage is well
showing  before she won't starve at start-from-stop. A conflicting sort of
situation. Re-build time for the carbs I guess. Fortunately I have a couple of
kits sourced from an active list member. Time to use them it does appear.

Cheers,

Mark