[TR] Re: Mystery Car - Healey Sportsmobile

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Re: Mystery Car - Healey Sportsmobile
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:49:32 +0100
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, at around 14:32:36 local time, Richard Feibusch
<rfeibusch1@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Gang,
>I think Bill is close if not correct - I've looked through my vast
>collection of Brit stuff and could not find a picture or artwork that
>depicts this exact car - maybe it was a one-off or never built - It
>looks a lot like a number of cars Donald Healey built on Riley RM
>series chassis before he was working with Austin or Nash. But not
>exactly - and the door handles also throw me...........

Dear Rick,

Not quite a one-off.   According to sources on the WWW, Healey made a
whole 23 of these cars between 1948 and 1950.   (No wonder it was so
hard to identify!).   I haven't found anything to confirm that it was
built on the Riley RM chassis, but it certainly had the 2.4 litre Riley
engine.

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie  - 1963 White Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV

===     http://www.vtr.org