Re: [TR] TR6: alternate tire sizes

To: one_second_zero@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6: alternate tire sizes
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:47:56 EDT
In a message dated 6/23/2006 7:45:14 PM Central Standard Time,
one_second_zero@yahoo.com writes:
> I'm currently looking at Yokohama AVS 205/65/15 VR rated tires for my TR6
> to put on the original steel rims.  Tire Rack's website shows that they have
> diameter of 25.5".   If I remember correctly, stock Michelin redlines are
> about 26.5" tall (is that right?).  So, these would be about 1" lower than
>the
> redlines if my figures are right.  I've also lowered the car about 1" with
> goodpart springs.  I would be tempted to go with the same Yokohama tire in a
> 215/65/15 (it is 26" diameter) but am a little worried about clearance.  I
>have
> the tube shock conversion on the rear which I'm afraid may eat up some
> clearance.  Thoughts on that?  Anybody have experiences with tire clearance
>on the
> tube conversion?  (It is not the through body conversion, it is the more
> common one.)

I fitted 205/70's.  As I recall (I did the calculations quite a few years
ago) that this is really close to the original redlines in diameter.

BTW loosing one inch in diameter will will only lower the car 1/2 inch (I'll
just let you slap your forehead and get on with your life ;-)  )

Dave