[TR] TR4 convoy in Colorado

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 convoy in Colorado
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:46:29 -0600
Just back from a conference at Copper Mountain near Vail, Colorado.
After a few days without spotting any old cars in the mountains, I
passed another black TR4 on the way back home near Georgetown, CO.

The TR4 ran flawlessly with the old-school points and new-school
Valvoline synthetic oil. Sitting in an hour of construction traffic, it
didn't get hot at all thanks to a yellow fan, improved shroud, and
later-TR4 radiator. I can't recommend the Valvoline synthetic, though,
because it's already been discontinued. I bought a few quarts at Pep
Boys on sale -- the label on the bottle says "new" and the tag on the
shelf says "clearance." It claims to reduce oil consumption somehow and
indeed on the brisk drive up and down I used almost none.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2

===     http://www.vtr.org