RE: [TR] Finished Rear Half Shaft Rebuild

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Finished Rear Half Shaft Rebuild
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:55:24 -0700
>  I ended up using a Buna-n o-ring. I know, I
> never heard of them either. McMaster-Carr sells them. It looks like a
> squared off o-ring.

Just to be clear, "Buna-N" refers to the material the O-ring is made of.
It's actually a very common material, possibly the most common O-ring
material used in cars, because of it's resistance to petroleum products.

The "squared off" O-rings are known as 'Double-Seal' O-rings, and they are
also available in Viton material from MMC.

> Material:  Viton with a Durometer Shore of 70
> Size: 3/16ths square thru the cross section, ID is 1.10, OD is 1.52
> McMaster-Carr P/N: 90025K402

Not sure what happened here ... the MMC website shows that 90025K402 is
Buna-N, not Viton.  They don't seem to carry Viton Double-seal rings in
sizes this large.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org