[TR] TR4A fuel pump fittings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4A fuel pump fittings
From: "Jeremy Kinney" <kinneyjr@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:09:36 -0400
First things first, thank you to all the folks so far who have been so
helpful regarding getting my 4A back on the road.  It is amazing how much is
left to do.  You can take a peek at (http://www.triumphowners.com/878 ).

My next dilemma concerns the line fittings at the fuel pump.  The DPO used
non-standard fittings that leak.  I ordered new stainless lines and fittings
from Classic Tube.  When I tighten the fittings up there is play in the fuel
line (it can be rocked up and down at the fuel pump).  The tubes and
fittings came with brass compression sleeves.  Are they supposed to go
between the flared end of the tube and the fitting to make everything
tighten up?  I thought I would ask before cranking away.

The illustrations in the parts manual are not that clear.  There is a
"bubble" between the end of the line and the fitting that might be a flare
or a compression sleeve.  My understanding is that the orginal fittings are
different than what are available today.

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy
CT55489L

===     http://www.vtr.org