[TR] TR4 carb questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4 carb questions
From: Donald Mostrom <oshwega@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 14:45:30 -0700 (PDT)
I have a few qeustions concerning a carburetor set-up on my TR4. It originally
came with Zenith-Stromberg 175 CD carbs. The rear carb started leaking gas
rather profusely, and on taking it apart, the rear float had a hole in it. On
checking the suppliers, this part is no longer available.

  Questions:
  1. Does anyone know of a supplier for floats to fit the earlier ZS 175 CD
carbs?
  2. Would the floats for the later ZS carbs from the TR250/TR6 fit these units
from a TR4?
  3. Moss et. al. have a nice price on a new set of SU HS6 carbs as used in the
TR4a. I understand that the 4a's had a central throttle hookup. Has anyone used
HS6's on an earlier car with the throttle hookup on the front of the carb set?
And how complicated is that to do?

===     http://www.vtr.org