Fw: [TR] dash wiring

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: [TR] dash wiring
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:18:06 -0400
>> >Silly question:  I'm hooking up the dashing wiring for my new TR3A
>> >wiring
>>>harness, using the standard wiring diagram the various books and on
>>>RUCOMPATIBLE.COM.
>>>
>>>As I look at the ignition switch, three wires come off the left switch
>>>junction.  These are white.  So...question.  Is the left looking at the
>>>front
>>>of the gauge?  ...or looking at it from behind, which is where you are
>>>when
>>>you're working on it?
>>
>> Terry
>>
>> Try Dan Massey's wiring diagram - attached
>> --
>> John A. Wise
>> Glendale, AZ

 John,

Thank you!  This seems to help as a cross reference against what I've
already done.  I'm still left wondering the left or right nature of the
connections, especially with the Ammeter.  RUCOMPATIBLE has the BW on the
right and it goes to the control box.  Dan's has it on the left.  I'll be
running negative ground, so I think the BW should be on the left (closest to
the edge of the dash inset).

Guess I'll take my best shot, and figure it out if things go hay wire.

What's hay got to do with wire anyway?

Terry Smith,
'59 TR3A New Hamsphire

===     http://www.vtr.org