Re: [TR] Lucas ignition problem?

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Lucas ignition problem?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:42:51 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/2006 4:38:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org writes:

When you  say the coil seems quite warm, how warm do you mean? My coil is
always hot  after running the car and I figure it's due to it being mounted
to the  engine block via a metal mount. To me it feels like the coil's metal
case  is the same temperature as the engine block. The top part (non metal)
of  the coil is much cooler then the sides.

==AM==
I can't say for sure; I was only going by what my friend told me. By the
time I got to the car, it was cold. ;-)

On the MGA, the coil is just behind the radiator, mounted on the generator.
Seems to me it shouldn't get outrageously warm there by itself, but...?

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org