Re: [TR] Top down at night

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Top down at night
From: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 01:20:07 -0500
On Jun 2, 2006, at 3:42 PM, Joe Merone wrote:

> If you aren't doing some top-down drives at night in your Triumph
> then you are missing out on some of the most enjoyable experiences
> you can have - especially when it's hot out.  Things sound
> different, smell different, and temperature changes are dramatic on
> your skin.  Whether out on a country lane or cruising the boulevard
> it can't be beat.  Even doing the interstate is fun.  One show we
> went to years ago featured The Lucas Lights Out Tour - a kind of
> drive I wish other organizers would hold.
>
> "A gentleman never motors about after dark?"  Phooey!
>
> Joe Merone
> CF18928

Yes!  The first night I owned the TR4, I drove from Austin to Waco in
the dark.  Wow.  Everything is not bigger in Texas (the freeway rest
stops are a joke by Minnesota standards) but the *sky* was *huge*.
It seemed I was traveling under a billion stars.  The temp changes
thing is true.  When I entered a valley, I could tell if the river at
the bottom was dry or wet by the feel.  What a night.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net   http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/  http://
www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
I decry the textmessagization of the American-English language.

===     http://www.vtr.org