Transmission Rebuild Question 3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission Rebuild Question 3
From: Harrymague@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 20:19:00 EST
OK, for those of you that have been helping in my rebuilding and converting
my 6's transmission, thing are progressing well.  The top cover have been
tapped and machined so that the interrupter switch works.  I  have rebuilt a
transmission before so no surprises there.  I obtained  a wiring harness from
the
roadster factory and have a question about that.   The obvious wire (YG) that
comes for the switch on the column that goes to the  interrupter switch then
the (YP) that continues to the override solenoid isn't  the problem.  The
wiring harness has an extra pair of wires,  (YG) and (YP) wire that none of my
wiring diagrams shows.  The amount  of wire suggests that it attaches to
another
interrupter switch, but neither the  reverse switch nor the neutral safety
switch on my wiring diagrams have the  correct color.  Anybody have any
suggestions.  I also check the wiring  diagrams for all the years from Dan
Masters
electrical book without any  help.  I also looked at the pictures from several
catalogs, Rimmers, Moss  Europe, etc and all show the extra wire.  Thanks in
advance.
Harry Mague
74 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org