Re: Surrey Tops

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Surrey Tops
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:11:40 -0500
The two options on the TR4 & 4A that everyone seems to be looking for are
the overdrive transmission and the surrey top.  I have a few pieces of
original factory literature and none even mention the availability of the
hard / surrey tops.  When I ordered my first TR4A from the dealer in
Indianapolis, I remember asking about overdrive and the option was poo-pooed
as problematic and totally unnecessary.  Was that opinion of the
distributors or was that from a factory directive to keep hold the cost
down?  Knowing what I know now (isn't that always the case), I surely would
have ordered both options.

Wonder if Mike Cook (Triumph's PR director at that time) would have an
answer.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana

===     http://www.vtr.org