Re: more than 1 kind of starter push switch?

To: dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more than 1 kind of starter push switch?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 22:48:00 EST
In a message dated 12/5/2005 10:12:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:

I am putting my center console back togather and I have yet to put  the
'starter push' switch in.  Today I noticed that one came up for  auction on
Ebay, however, it's much smaller than mine - it's at:
_http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Original-TR2-TR3-starter-switch-used-NLA_W0QQi
temZ4595806191QQcategoryZ34206QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem_
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Original-TR2-TR3-starter-switch-used-NLA_W0QQitemZ4595806191QQcategoryZ3
4206QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

==AM==
The switch pictured appears to be the correct unit. You might ask the  seller
what the numbers are on the bakelite(?) piece on the switch? It should  be:

SS9  31253E 3 60

The "E" could also be A, B, C, or D, and the 3 60 happens to be the  date
code on the one I just looked at. The SS9 (model number) and 31253 (Lucas  part
number) are the critical numbers here. The same switch was used from  beginning
of TR2 production up at least to sometime in 1960 (which is as far  as my
Lucas Master Catalogue goes).
==AM==

My switch, on the other hand, is about 1 3/4" in diameter and about  2-3"
deep.  It has 2 cables hooked on the back (to battery &  starter, I guess).
It also has room for 2-3 other slide on  connectors.  And I need to ask, what
besides the dash does it mount  to?

==AM==
What yours is, I'm not sure. But it appears to attach only to the dash
center panel.

--Andy Mace

===     http://www.vtr.org