RE: Back-up hood release

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (List Triumph), 75TR6@tr5.danielsonfamily.org
Subject: RE: Back-up hood release
From: pmmacy@att.net
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:35:53 +0000
Bob and List:
  My bonnet release kit is an improved version of Joe's original design.  I
felt that many Triumph owners would not have a tap and die set on hand, so I
re-engineered the release to eliminate tht tool requirement, and added a rubber
grommet around the rod as it passes through the firewall to help seal from
heat/moisture and eliminate a rattle noise.  I also upgraded all of the
components to stainless steel so they'll look good for years to come.  Anyone
with a spare hour or two can round up the materials and make one, but most who
have bought a kit from me have prefered to spend $12 and have the job done in
20 minutes.
  Here's a note I got from a TR owner who recently purchased and installed my
release kit:

Just a note: the day after I installed my new emergency hood release, my hood
cable broke, boy I am glad I put your kit in, thanks again, Dennis Holm, you
are more than welcome to use this in any advertising you want.

--
Mark Macy
New Carlisle, OH

57 TR3 TS16942LO