Re: Fwd: Re: Brake Recommendations for TR4-6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Brake Recommendations for TR4-6
From: "Chas. Schlismann" <racegt6@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:04:42 -0700 (PDT)
How much do you want to spend and how much are you willing to engineer?  The
Toyota conversion sounds cool, you can also design your own system using
Wilwood components.  For a street car I'd check Porterfield for pads (pricey,
but they work v. well w/my +320 hp SAAB Viggen).

Drilled rotors have a reputation for cracking, though two of my race cars have
them and have never cracked.  Of course, they have a counter sink in each hole.
 I personally feel, after much research, that slotted rotors are the way to go.

Honestly, If you're serious about braking performance as opposed to cool looks,
I'd have separate MC's w/a balance bar.  Better w/a cable adjuster.  Then test
and spend some dough on the pads.  Calipers and rotors?  Stock may v. well
suffice but let's see what others suggest...

Charlie