TR3A Spare tyre escutcheon thread size?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Spare tyre escutcheon thread size?
From: CFisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:25:36 -0500
HI list.
I need to run a tap through the threads of the spare tyre cover before
mounting the new escutcheons. That screw seems to be a 44 thread, and
approx. a size 6? Almost looks like it falls between a 6 and an 8. Even the
fancy tap & die set at work doesn't have it. Anyone know for sure what size
it is so I can try to track down a tap at Mcmaster Carr or someplace?

Thanks to a group I really appreciate,
Curt

WWW.essex1.com/people/fishnet/ Spritely Vintage Racing Homepage.
"Racing is life, everything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.
"Compared to Road Racing, heroin addiction is like a vague longing for
something salty"