RE: TR4A Front Bearings

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, "Guy D. Huggins"
Subject: RE: TR4A Front Bearings
From: "pethier@isd.net" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:02:25 -0500
> Definitely do not fill them full, as the grease will
> expand when hot and be forced out to get on the brakes.

Or in the case of my buddy with an RX7, blow the dust covers
off the car at speed at a track day.  Finally broke him of
the habit others had warned him about.

> I've never had a wheel bearing failure,

Wish I could say that.  OK, only once, and I had not
personally greased and adjusted the wheel bearings.  A
condition which will cease when I install new bearings on
both sides of the TR4 when I return from LOG.

So I have never had a bearing failure on any car upon which
I have done the bearings.

Phil Ethier