Re: TR250 Wiper motor

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 Wiper motor
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 19:23:08 -0700
Don Malling wrote:

> Are these things easy to put back together? I've checked Dan Masters
> and he doesn't say much about disassembly and reassembly so I assume
> it's straight forward.

The TR3/4 motor is straight forward.  If the TR250 is the same basic
design (might be slightly different as I assume it is 2-speed) you will
want to study the arrangement of the brushs, the arms that hold them and
the spring(s?) that cause them to clamp the armature.

You might want to replace the red wire if it is at all frayed -- mine
frayed to the point of shorting to the motor body which on a TR3 means
the motor runs all the time... not what you need in Tucson.

Geo H