re:AC fuel pump valves

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs List), dmallin@attglobal.net
Subject: re:AC fuel pump valves
From: spamiam@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:40:26 +0000
Good luck getting the pressed-in valves out.  I did it with  significant
effort.  The old ones are "staked-in" and it is even harder to get the new ones
back in.  I had NO luck getting them back in.  I tried to dremel the stakings
out but it just botched the job.  I decided I would not trust the seal of the
valves afterward.

So, I got one of the new pumps instead.  The one I got had no finger priming
lever, but they are SO similar to the original units that I was able to bolt
the new top to the old bottom, and use the old glass sediment bowl.  You can
barely tell it is not the original pump!

-Tony