Re: not specifically triumph, but vintage related

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: not specifically triumph, but vintage related
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:13:08 +0100
On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, at around 09:35:15 local time, jack williams
<jackandangie@comcast.net> wrote:
>An interesting article in Yahoo news today about a classic car accident. It's
>not specifically triumph, but related to vintage cars.
>
>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050802/ap_on_re_us/classic_car_safety

A tragic tale, both for the family and for the car.   Don't let's get
upset by that travesty of a report on Yahoo! News - neither balance nor
reason "sells" (virtual) newspapers.

One thing that did strike me in the report was the following comment:

"Owners do most of their driving to and from classic-car shows,
conventions and parades. The typical mileage for collector cars is
usually less than 1,000 a year, according to McKeel Hagerty, chief
executive of Hagerty Collector Car & Boat Insurance in Traverse City."

and the various restrictions on use of classics in various states of the
Union.   Is this true?   I got the impression from this list that most
of us drive our Triumphs daily (I, here in UK, certainly do).  Perhaps
Triumphs are simply more reliable and useful than the average classic...

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671