Re: TR4A voltage regulator problem

To: "Anthony Rhodes" <spamiam@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: TR4A voltage regulator problem
From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@ShoalsBritishCars.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 14:23:24 -0500
Tony,

You may have a weak battery.  Get the battery load tested (any parts store
will do this for you) and make sure it is strong.  What can happen with a
weak battery is the battery is strong enough to start the car but it heavily
depletes the charge of the weak battery to do so.  The charging system sees
the battery is very weak and needs a charge.  The charging system responds
by charging  like crazy to try to get the weak battery back up to full
charge (hence the ammeter shows heavy charging).

Terry Geiger
Florence, Alabama USA
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org
'74 Triumph TR6 (for sunny days)
'59 Triumph TR3A (basket case)
'84 Mercedes 300D (for the wife to drive)
'90 Chevy S10 (parts fetcher)