Re: not specifically triumph, but vintage related

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: not specifically triumph, but vintage related
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:36:38 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "jack williams" <jackandangie@comcast.net>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:35 AM
Subject: not specifically triumph, but vintage related

> An interesting article in Yahoo news today about a classic car accident.
It's
> not specifically triumph, but related to vintage cars.
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050802/ap_on_re_us/classic_car_safety

As a resident of Auburn, Indiana and a volunteer shop member in charge of
keeping the Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum's classics in running condition,
it was indeed sad to read of the unfortunate accident in Michigan.  The very
poorly written article served only to slam the collector car hobby while
just skimming over the tragic loss of life and that a grand old dame of
automotive history was damaged.  I have driven a few Duesenbergs and I find
it impossible to describe the size and heft of the grandest of all classics.
In defense of the driver (who was the son of the restorer) who had his
entire family with him, there is no comparison to riding in, let alone
driving a Duesy.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana