Adjusting the trunion steering lock stop on TR250/TR6

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Adjusting the trunion steering lock stop on TR250/TR6
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:58:12 -0500
The hole in the trunion mounted steering lock stop is drilled off center which
I assume allows one
to adjust the maximum angle the wheels can turn lock to lock. I don't see any
information on how to
position/adjust the steering lock stop in Bentley or Haynes.

The stops were originally set to allow the maximum amount of lock to lock
steering travel, so I
suppose I'll just set it the same as it was, but I am wondering if there is
something more to it
that I'm missing.

The steering lock stop is number 84 in this picture.

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=32797#top

Thanks,

Don Malling