RE: TR6 exhaust systems (eventual return of LBC content)

To: "'Jim Barbuscia'" <jimbar@centurytel.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR6 exhaust systems (eventual return of LBC content)
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:37:01 -0800
Thirty years ago I installed a Cannon header on my 4A, and using the stock
plumbing had a glass pak put on the back by Midas. To make it sound even louder
I put water into the glass pak to rot it out, making it even louder. I got two
fix-it tickets by the noise police. The car went fast and sounded bitchin.

But - now I'm 52 and and I installed a Falcon SS system, and I think it sounds
OK, but it could be better. I've always liked the sound my dirt bike makes, and
it has a Supertrap muffler/spark arrestor. Has anybody done this to their car?

Also I, like Jim, am wondering if there's a side-by-side comparison somewhere
of the major players? I'm not sure how they spec these things out but their
must be some quantitative analysis somewhere that could be assembled.

Thanks! John