RE: TR4 tires

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 tires
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:39:26 -0700
> My most recent set was Dunlop SP20 A/S in 165R15.  This was about 2
> years ago so perhaps these too have gone the way of some many other
> selections.

Tis true, They're no longer even listed on Dunlop's web site.  I've had
SP20s in other sizes, I'd rate them only fair.

> Anyway, they seem fine for me, look just right on the car,
> were inexpensive ($40) and are almost British having come from the land
> of the Kiwis.

NZ seems rather a long way from the UK ... but Dunlop belongs to Goodyear
anyway.

Interestingly enough, they apparently do still make the SP4 in 155R15, but
their web site says they are only available through Vintage Tyre Supplies in
the UK.
http://www.vintagetyres.com/

Anyone try dealing with them ?  I assume shipping would be prohibitive, but
???

Randall