TR6 Broken door stopper hooks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Broken door stopper hooks
From: robertrudolphi@netscape.net (Robert Rudolphi)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:55:18 -0400
I am hoping the list can help me with ideas as to replacing/repairing the two
round "loops" that keep the door from opening two far. These are attached to
the door and have a pin that runs through them that then attach to the front
fender. Recently the round loops that are part of the passengerbs side door
broke off.  I am concerned one of my kids will open the door to far and I will
then have the dreaded crease in the door. I was told I may have to replace the
whole door. Has anyone had this happen and is there a less drastic fix?

I have not had the door panel off so I am not sure if it is a replaceable part
from inside the door, and it looks like none of the big 3 carry a part related
to it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Robert Rudolphi
1974 TR6