RE: TR6 Broken door stopper hooks

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 Broken door stopper hooks
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:39:42 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net i5LHfMRJ027294
Message text written by "Randall Young"
>Jack chain doesn't stand up well to shock loads, like doors slamming open
against it, because the links are only bent together.  I'd recommend a
welded twisted link chain, like that used for dog collars, etc.
<

Actually, dog chain is not welded at all.  It is mearly a double loop link
twisted together in the middle.  And it will streach.  A bit.  A coworker
once set up his dog with a chain and an anchor in the middle of the yeard.
He set the chain length such that the dog could almost but not quite reach
the door and hence claw it up.  Within a day that dog was scratching at the
door.  My friend took a few links out and had no more problem.

Aircraft cable is another option.

I have also seen check straps fabricated from leather.  This is probably
the original check straps used in carriages, etc.  But not being versed in
leatherworking I view this as probably more trouble as redoing it to
original.

Dave