Re: * TR3 Crapped Out Again *

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: * TR3 Crapped Out Again *
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 11:19:13 -0700
Dave Massey wrote:

>Failing that, take a gasket and go from there.

The blanking plate should be quite simple -- but it seems that with just
a bit more effort one could preserve a look of originality.  If the
diaphragm and it's actuating rod were removed from a stock fuel pump and
replaced with a piece of sheet metal using the outer edge of the
diaphragm as gaskets one could hide the electric fuel pump and route the
fuel thru the old pump.  I don't think it would even be necessary to
disable the lower end of the pump mechanism or remove the check valves.

Result would look original with the added advantage of keeping the handy
sediment bowl/filter.

Okay, I'd never do this just because the original pumps have never
seemed to be a serious problem but if someone must go electric it could
be done discreetly.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4