RE: Tr3a

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tr3a
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:13:11 -0700
> But, (isnt there always a but in these conversations), about 1 in 20
> stops at a stoplight causes the idle to either drop to almost stall or the
> idle drops to 1200 and simply stays there.  My thought on this was a
> sticking something in the carbs now since everything else has been gone
> over or rebuilt, ideas?

Could be lots of things ... worn spindle bushings caused it for me.  Most of
the time the throttles would close most of the way but sometimes they would
stick when they first touched the bore, and then other times they would
close tightly.

Also check that the piston movement is perfectly smooth.  If you can even
hear the piston dragging on the dome (with the damper removed and the dome
off the carb), then something needs to be done.

Poor needle centering can also cause similar problems.

Randall