RE: Dash pad replacement

To: "'Adam C Beasley'" <adam@adambeasley.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dash pad replacement
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:59:50 -0400
Adam,
It's been about 6 years since I did mine but if memory serves me..... You
need to remove all your gauges, the wood dash and the metal fascia behind it
in order to remove/install the crash pads. They have metal tabs on them that
hold them onto the sub dash frame. You need to remove the windshield (or at
least raise it up) in order to install the dash top. The windshield has 3
nuts on top of the dash plus 2 under the dash at each corner (1 at each
corner). The ones under the dash present the most challenge as they may be
rusted/corroded in place. Once all the nuts are off rock the frame back and
forth and lift/pull it off at an angle like this /  Don't try and pull it
straight up as the corner bolts are in on an angle. Once the windshield is
off you'll need to remove the demister vents in order to get the top dash
pad off. With the demister vents off, you'll probably discover that all your
demister and eyeball vent hoses are brittle and need replacing too. They're
cheap at Pep Boys. I did not use any glue on my top dash pad. The windshield
frame, demister vents and front of metal dash hold everything in place. Six
years later and it's still lying perfectly flat.

The biggest challenge was removing all the gauges and labeling every wire.
Lots of pictures on my web site of this whole process.

Have fun
Bob

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6