Peerless "State of the Art"

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Peerless "State of the Art"
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:33:34 -0400
Did I miss any comments on the Peerless on e-bay?
I think maybe I missed  digest or something.

Someone wrote:

Subject:        FYI Interesting Triumph-ish item on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem

The chassis of the Peerless utilized state of the art 16 gauge steel
rectangle tubing. The original engine in the car was a  TR3 1993 cubic inch
four cylinder. This car has a TR4 1993 engine and transmission, not
installed in the car.

Anyway .. here's my comments from the peanut gallery:

1993 cubic inch engine eh?    What would that be .. something over 30
liters?

As for the "state of the art"  chassis,  I've got a friend who is working
feverishly on a Warwick (a later version of the Peerless) and I saw the
chassis with the body off.

I think his comment was something along the lines of "they must have had a
big stash of rectangular tubing that was surplus from WW2 that they decided
to use to make this chassis."
State of the art?  Hmmm.

Don't get me wrong . . . I think it is a pretty darn cool car.
I certainly hope Dean's Warwick is ready to go by the VIR Gold Cup races.
If not then I'm sure it will be at the VTR convention in Richmond.

That's it from this peanut gallery.

Scott Tilton