Red Line MTL at Advance Auto Parts

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Red Line MTL at Advance Auto Parts
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:19:59 -0400
So I'm looking for the local place around here that sells Red Line MTL and
decide to go to the Red Line web page.

Eventually it hooks me up with a list of places that carry their product.

I'm surprised to see that all the local Advance Auto Parts stores are
listed.
A quick call confirms, "yeah we just started carrying Red Line products."

Cool.

The Advanced Auto web page claims that the stuff is in stock at all the
local stores.

Double cool!

A trip to the store and all I can find is the motor oil.

Bummer.

Talk to the dork behind the counter and is no help.
I ask why would the company web page say they had it?
He has no answer and isn't really trying to help me.

I'm pissed.
I type my concerns to the Advance Auto home office.
Their stock reply says I should go see the manager and get him to order some
for me.

I turned on the flame thrower and told them I'd wasted enough time on them
and if that the only way they'd get my business is if the local manager
called me, said he was sorry for his slack ass employees and offered to get
some of the stuff in for me.

What do you know . they did it.   He just called.

It is still $8 a quart, which I didn't think was too good a price.
Sure enough, when I checked JEG's it is buck and a half cheaper per quart.
(roughly)
But by the time shipping was added, my 4 quarts were coming in at over $9
each.

So anyway . .that's my story.
Take from it what you will.

Scott Tilton