RE: Brake Lights

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Lights
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 13:34:04 -0700
> I just came back from the old yearly inspection with a new problem. I have
> brake lights until I turn on the running lights. Running lights
> are ok. Any
> thoughts before I start cussing the Prince of Darkness?

Do they go out completely when you step on the brake with the running lights
on ?  That's two bad grounds at the rear.  See
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Electrical/TR6Sockets/TR6Sockets.ht
for one possible cause and solution.

The new taillight sockets I got from TRF and Rimmers will also cause this
problem ... they differ from the original sockets in that they require a
separate ground wire rather than being grounded through the clip.  If you've
changed the sockets recently, check them for a third tab that is not
connected to anything.  If it's there, make up a ground wire to connect it
to the body.

Randall