NO LBC CONTENT - FW: Close call

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: NO LBC CONTENT - FW: Close call
From: "David Hammond" <d_hammond@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:35:03 -0800
AIR FORCE JETS - CLOSE CALL!
Close Call.

This one was really close. Big post flight hose-down.
Check out the speed brakes fully deployed on the F-16 on the left!

These guys are better than this, but close calls do happen. Obviously
the timing was off in this maneuver. In a crossover, both planes try to
cross each other at the same altitude going different directions. The lead
plane flies a constant airspeed, and the second plane adjusts his airspeed
(relative motion) to stay as close possible without having a mid-air.
In the photo, the second plane was going too fast and pulled his speed
brakes (panels sticking out on tail) and idled his engine (decreased
contrail).
He also was changing his altitude, base on the aeronautical law that states
that two planes cannot occupy the same airspace at the same time. The
altitude change was what saved his butt. I still can't believe they
didn't swap paint.
.......I Guess This is why people like air shows.......................

<<close_call.jpg>>

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
close_call.jpg]