60 TR3 Question i31NFwpW022535

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 60 TR3 Question i31NFwpW022535
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 16:15:22 -0700
Well my 60 TR3 showed up last week, right before I left town for a
week long business trip.  I have only managed to drive it a few time
and it does seem to get to 850C quickly & slowly moves up to about
930C in 900F ambient.  If I get out on the interstate & take it up to
70MPH it went up to about 1000C at 90F ambient.  I checked & found
the cooling fan switch on the radiator was not turning on.  So I have
hot-wired the fan "on" till my new switch arrives at the friendly
local parts store.

Everytime I stop the car after driving it & the water temp has gotten
up to 950C range I get antifreeze dripping out of the overflow line.
Does anyone have an overflow kit on their car?  If so where do you
mount the collector bottle?

Just incase the fan does not solve the problem, is the thermostat and
the gasket for its housing in my 60 TR3, the same one I can buy off
the shelf at the friendly parts store down the street???

Last question. I need  light bulbs for the license plate light &
several gages on the dash.  Are they common bulbs I can pick up
locally or will I need to contact one of LBC catalog stores??

Thanks in advance

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE

5483 West Potter Drive